At The People Shed we specialise in DBS checks to help reduce recruitment risks and help support compliant onboarding.
DBS Checks form part of the pre-employment stage and allow the employer to make informed decisions by revealing information about the applicant’s criminal history.
A DBS check is now a legal requirement for employees that will be working with the vulnerable, children, or within healthcare.
The People Shed can provide you with a specialist, comprehensive pre-employment check service for your business. We can support you with the following:
- Guidance on the eligibility of a role for a DBS check
- Advice on which type of DBS check is suitable
- Use of DBS checks on contractors
- Advice on developing and drafting a policy on recruiting ex-offenders
- Guidance on data protection issues when using and storing DBS information
Credit checks are becoming more common as a pre-employment check on future candidates to reduce the risk of fraud being committed. Credit checks are predominately used within the financial sector, an increasing number of employers in other industries are performing these checks, such as healthcare and engineering.
If this is something you would like to bring on as part of your recruitment process – contact us today for more information.